The Rockinitis series showcases electricguitar blues from the mid-fifties to the early sixties. Unfettered pleasure in the form of Black dance music. Third time’s the charm as two heavy-hitters join the fray.
Wexford, Ireland’s Bill Kealy has been packing dancefloors for 30 years. He was sucked deep into the Rhythm & Blues vortex after following the trail back from the music of his youth; The Kinks, The Animals and the like. A truly international DJ, hear his sets at The Federal Rhythm & Blues Club in Crewe, For Dancers Only in Dublin, or as a regular guest DJ at top R&B clubs almost everywhere.
Steve Longworth spent his teenage years dancing to Soul at Wigan Casino. He was then drawn towards the R&B and Popcorn sound. Since the early 2000s he’s been running nights all across England’s North – Soulful Shack, Down In The Basement and The Ad-Lib, to name a few. He’s played gritty Blues 45s at clubs from Barcelona to Melbourne and now regularly spins at Sheffield’s mighty Room At The Top.
Bill Kealy Side
1. Al Simmons – You Ain’t Too Old
2. Eddie Burns – Hello Miss Jessie Lee
3. Skip Robinson – I Just Can’t Wait
4. The Nightriders – Looking For My Baby
5. Roy Brown – She’s Gone Too Long
6. Peppermint Harris – I Cry For My Baby
7. Ulie & The Uniques – You Don’t Love Me
8. Junior Wells – Lawdy Lawdy
Steve Longworth Side
1. Little Walter – I Hate To See You Go
2. Dusty Brown – Well, You Know
3. Ace Holder – Sorry I Had To Leave
4. Lynn Johnson – Wicked Woman
5. Detroit Junior – Too Poor
6. Jimmy Anthony – Eternal Thing
7. Magic Sam – All My Whole Life
8. Poppa Hop – My Woman Has A Black Cat Bone
£ 18.00Add to Basket
Format: Vinyl Album