• Two original rockers recorded by Dale Hawkins for Chess/Checker Records in 1957, and 1959.
• First time ever pressed on high quality vinyl, 7inch.
• Produced by legendary Leonard Chess.
• Featuring guitar players Roy Buchanan, Carl Adams and Kenny Paulsen.
• Picture sleeve. Strictly limited to 500 copies worldwide!
A Rockabilly Hall of Fame member, Dale Hawkins was born in 1938. Along with others, he created a sound that was often referred to as ’Swamp Rock’ and helped shaping original Rock ’n’ Roll music. Hawkins was a talented singer and songwriter, recording artist, bandleader and producer, and cousin to Ronnie Hawkins. Suzie Q, a tremendous hit for him in 1957, will remain his trademark song.
Hawkins made his greatest recordings for the famed Chicago blues outfit, Chess/Checker Records. He was one of only a handful of white artists that Leonard Chess produced for his labels. Chess was known for its expertise in electric urban Blues and original Rhythm and Blues.
James Burton, a Rock & Roll Hall of Fame inductee himself, was among a fine list of great guitarists that performed in Dale Hawkins’ band. Others were Fred Carter Jr, Roy Buchanan, Joe Osborn, and Scotty Moore.
For this 7inch 45 RPM records we have picked two fantastic rockers, masters from his superb Chess catalog. Both songs are now available on 45 for the first time, ever!