Another volume in this fine series brings us some familiar names – like Ronnie Cazad, Curly Sanders, Virgil Holmes and even Larry O’Keefe – but no familiar tunes. We know these guys for a boppin’ hillbilly or up tempo number number but here we get the flip side of the country/hillbilly genre. Great echoing, haunted, lonesome laments to lost loves, lost lives and lost hope. Sheesh, that sounds depressing but it is not, everyone knows a few good tears in your beers sets you up to take on a new day tomorrow.
Seventh volume in a limited edition series on Stag-O-Lee. Compiled by Fedor „Trashcan“ Kiebert.
Limited to 666 copies and packaged in a nice 10” sleeve with center hole. This is a collection of oddball country weepers, moody rockabilly, widescreen country & western and popcorn noir from the 1950’s and early 60’s.
So turn out the lights, sit back and relax to the soundtrack from a jukebox in a ghost town… For best results: listen to after dark!
1. Curly Sanders And The Santones – Walking Blues 2:28
2. Larry O’Keefe – Love’s Dream 2:39
3. Carl Ace Carter – Mexican Rock 2:19
4. Virgil Holmes – Rock Wall Jail 2 : 22
5. Del Ray And The Roamers – La Macarena 2:00
6. The Neutrons – Sorrow At Sunset 2:56
Total Time: 14:47 minutes
Side B.1. Dean Carr – I Was A Fool 2:40
2. Northern Lights – Summertime 2:39
3. Tommy Angel – Black Night 2:06
4. Ronnie Cazad With The Echo Valley Boys – Echo Valley 2:45
5. Jim Solley And The Lubocs – Malaguena 2:32
6. Wayland Chandler – Cold Cold Grave 2:31
£ 18.00Add to Basket
Format: Vinyl Album